[sclug] woody netinst (bf kernel)

Chris Aitken Chris at ion-dreams.com
Sat Oct 25 09:05:51 UTC 2003

Thanks to those that suggested ideas/offered CDs etc.

I have successfully installed debian woody bf2.4 today.

It's a lot cooler today than when I originally tried to install, and it went
on 1st time (Debian 1, M$ 0). From this I reckon it was a temperature thing.
It was very hot here, and the poor CPU fan was probably just moving hot air
around, not doing any cooling.

UML here I come (Raz, stand by for some serious questioning!!).

This will probably be my last project for my old Dev Box :( I shall be
buying a miniITX 800MHz board to play round with - much quieter, and takes
up less room. Pics etc to follow.

Cheers

Chris

believed to be clean.