[sclug] Freenetname - ADSL - Smoothwall

lug at assursys.co.uk lug at assursys.co.uk
Sat Oct 25 09:05:51 UTC 2003

On Tue, 19 Aug 2003, Will Dickson wrote:

> lug at assursys.co.uk wrote:
> > On Mon, 18 Aug 2003, Tom Dawes-Gamble wrote:
> >

> >>Hi,
> >>
> >>	As I mentioned in another posting.  I'd just go for the ADSL line only
> >>and get an ADSL modem that gives you a RJ45 LAN interface.
>
> Interesting - I thought (not having done the research) that
> they were all USB?

Well, techically, what Tom is referring to is a single-port ethernet-ADSL
router (or bridge, perhaps, if it requires you to configure PPPoA on the
machine it connects to).

> Will.

Best Regards,
Alex.
--
Alex Butcher      Brainbench MVP for Internet Security: www.brainbench.com
Bristol, UK                      Need reliable and secure network systems?