[sclug] IPCop as a proxy server

Tom Dawes-Gamble tmdg at tmdg.co.uk
Sat Oct 25 09:05:52 UTC 2003

Neil,

	Yes if it show proxy server as stopped then you need to fix that first
for sure.  Have you applied all three patches.

001 fixes1 update This update fixes a minor security issue with Zlib and
adds maor security enhancements to the setuid binaries. It also lowers
Sort' memory usage and fixes a lot of other minor issues that were
discovered. See link for details. A reboot is required!!! 2003-05-02
2003-05-25

002 fixes2 update This update fixes the fact that transparent proxying
no longer worked after applying fixes 1. See link for details. A reboot
is not required. 2003-05-08 2003-05-25

003 fixes3 update This update fixes a lot of small bugs still in IPCop
1.3.0: restarting proxy, restarting dhcp, pulsardsl persistency, Gui
access with non-transparent proxy, dhcp for dsl links, etc. It also
updates the kernel to 2.4.21 and fixes a minor security issue with ssh.
See link for details. A reboot is required!!! 2003-07-31 2003-08-06

It looks like there are some proxy issue there.  I have all three and
have no problems as such.

Tom.