[sclug] Mail

Chris Aitken chris at ion-dreams.com
Sat Oct 25 09:05:53 UTC 2003

> Tom - You said you have a low power system you leave running all
> the time to receive mail... may I ask what it's running?  Recommendations
> from anyone else would also be very welcome.

I have a toshiba tecra laptop, PI, 166MHz, 144 Mb RAM.

Running fetchmail, procmail, UW-IMAP, spamassassin & mailscanner, all on
debian. I use squirrelmail too. Its locked down behind my firewall, and also
has hosts.allow & deny set up to let access only via local, and my work IP,
and any IP for squirrelmail.

Its quiet (fan hasn't come on in months),

Uptime:
08:03:20 up 68 days, 13:52,  1 user,  load average: 0.07, 0.03, 0.01

I also have it running samba and other things. I have a howto available if
necessary, even though this isnt *really* what you were looking for.

Chris

believed to be clean.