[sclug] Moving address books from Evolution to web sites

John Bray home at jrbray.org.uk
Sat Oct 25 09:05:54 UTC 2003

I'm going off on a round the world trip, and want to move my email
client from Evolution to a web based one like Yahoo, but I'm dammned if
I can find a good way of transferring my address books.

Evolution will only export vcards, and the web services will only import
CSV or LDIF files. I can find tools to go from CSV to vcard, but nothing
to do the reverse apart from Horde, which looks a vastly complicated
system.

I really don't want to have to write a Perl script to do the conversion,
so does anyone know of any tools or vcard importing web sites?

John