[sclug] Motherboard woes

Ian Michell ian.michell at hanzi.co.uk
Sat Apr 3 00:50:37 UTC 2004

Hi all,

My motherboard went bang :( and just when I *was* going to connect my
new SATA drive too (forgot to buy a standard -> SATA adapter).

So what I would like to know, because quite frankly I can't last without
my pc for more than a day. Where can I get a decent motherboard (AMD
Athlon XP -> preferred aopen/asus nForce 2) and the required SATA
adapter as building gentoo is a bitch and I want to have it up and
running on my new HD before the end of the weekend, (took me two days
last time, with all the downloading and compiling!).

I am popping into Reading tomorrow is there a decent place there,
Bracknell perhaps???

Please get back to me asap if you can I would much appreciate any help,
oh and I will buy the person that helps me beers at the LUG :-D (They
say bribes get you everwhere!).

Ian