[sclug] Motherboards and SATA

Ian Michell ian.michell at hanzi.co.uk
Mon Apr 5 17:48:56 UTC 2004

Well, when I ordered it form dabs, it did say it was useable in Linux,
thats whats annoying, I am using a gentoo modified 2.6.3r1 kernel, I did
a load of googling and hacked the shit outta the kernel driver for the
Silicon Image 3112 driver, patched etc. Still nothing, ACPI is pretty
current I would think (to be in 2.6.3 that is), hmmmmm... What annoys me
is that adaptec are not playing nice by not giving out source code for
their SATA cards. I think its childish really... I mean what have you
got to lose when your hardware is propriety?

I actually have a good mind to reverse engineer the driver, anyone for
assembler?? LOL

Well I will get hacking with this driver I am sure I will come up with
something :S

Ian