[sclug] NTL have caught up with me

Derek M Jones derek at knosof.co.uk
Wed Apr 7 15:13:43 UTC 2004

All,

Just received a letter from NTL telling me
that net.ntl.com is going away in July.
I cannot complain, I have been getting a 600K
cable modem connection for only ?2 more than
the 150K price (I am one of their early customers
and they carried on charging me at the old rate).
Loosing my home email address is a bit of a pain though.

If I have to loose my email address I might as well look
around.  Does anybody have any suggestions?

   o keep quiet and see if they carry on billing me for the
cable modem service only...

   o try and get a discount because I am already wired up and
bought my own cable modem...

   o convince them to supply me with a
http://www.netgear.com/products/prod_details.php?prodID=174
as my 'free' cable modem...

   o go elsewhere...

derek

--
Derek M Jones                                           tel: +44 (0) 1252 520 667
Knowledge Software Ltd                            mailto:derek at knosof.co.uk