[sclug] NTL have caught up with me

Ian Michell ian.michell at hanzi.co.uk
Wed Apr 7 15:28:20 UTC 2004

Derek M Jones wrote:

>All,
>
>Just received a letter from NTL telling me
>that net.ntl.com is going away in July.
>I cannot complain, I have been getting a 600K
>cable modem connection for only ?2 more than
>the 150K price (I am one of their early customers
>and they carried on charging me at the old rate).
>Loosing my home email address is a bit of a pain though.
>
>If I have to loose my email address I might as well look
>around.  Does anybody have any suggestions?
>
>   o keep quiet and see if they carry on billing me for the
>cable modem service only...
>
>   o try and get a discount because I am already wired up and
>bought my own cable modem...
>
>   o convince them to supply me with a
>http://www.netgear.com/products/prod_details.php?prodID=174
>as my 'free' cable modem...
>
>   o go elsewhere...
>
>derek
>
>--
>Derek M Jones                                           tel: +44 (0) 1252 520 667
>Knowledge Software Ltd                            mailto:derek at knosof.co.uk
>Applications Standards Conformance Testing   http://www.knosof.co.uk

Well as everyone knows, I have a 1MB link through NTL and I have never
had a problem, they are still cheaper than BT and I managed to befriend
one of the *smarter* engineers there who said that they are working on
2MB!!! Which means you ADSL guys who can't get 2MB because you live too
far away eat your hearts out hehe :)

Nah, I would suggest sticking with cable, we can create a NTLUG hehehe
to get our own support going, since all their tech staff are in india!
(That really annoys me that does, I like giving techs shit, now I have
to give them shit and deal with the language barrier too!).

Ian