[sclug] Key signing (Huggie & TMDG)

Chris Aitken chris at ion-dreams.com
Fri Apr 16 08:26:27 UTC 2004

Simon Huggins wrote:
> 'ello Chris
>
> On Thu, Apr 15, 2004 at 09:41:42AM +0100, Chris Aitken wrote:
>
>>I have only just signed Tom's key and uploaded it to wwwkeys.uk.pgp.net.
>

> Likewise.
>

>>The signature has appeared almost immediately when you check the key
>>[1] & [2], although the key at [2] seems to have slightly more
>>signatures.
>

> It takes a little while to propagate around the keyserver network.
>

>>I mention this, as I have just added another uid to my key, and I have
>>uploaded it, but it does not appear yet. Any clues why?
>

> I can see two uids on F91B7CBC now.

By the time this message had arrived they were both there - but I had
uploaded the ascii key by then too!

>>And how does one keep track of his keyring, when he has a desktop at
>>work & home, and a dual boot laptop!
>

> Oh, I have a copy of my private keyring at home but my main trustdb and
> public keyring is on the.earth.li the machine I do all my email on etc.
> (which conveniently happens to be wwwkeys.uk.pgp.net ;))

Alright for some eh?

I got the signing-party package last night (as the trilug site was
offline), so I could use the gpg-key2ps script. I have got the same
script from the trilug site just now. Either way, if I issue:

gpg-key2ps -p A4 "Christopher Aitken" > key.ps

I get a single entry in the top left corner of a landscape piece of A4
(or in my case, verticaly upwards from the bottom left of a portrait
piece of A4).

gv key.ps gives me the following error (as does issuing: ps2pdf13 key.ps):

chrisa at persephone:~$ ps2pdf13 keys.ps keys.pdf
Error: /undefined in uat:u::::::::1
Operand stack:
    1
Execution stack:
    %interp_exit   .runexec2   --nostringval--   --nostringval--
--nostringval--   2   %stopped_push   --nostringval--   --nostringval--
   --nostringval--   false   1   %stopped_push   1   3   %oparray_pop
1   3   %oparray_pop   1   3   %oparray_pop   1   3   %oparray_pop
.runexec2   --nostringval--   --nostringval--   --nostringval--   2
%stopped_push   --nostringval--   2   1   8   --nostringval--
%for_pos_int_continue   --nostringval--   --nostringval--
--nostringval--   --nostringval--
Dictionary stack:
    --dict:1063/1123(ro)(G)--   --dict:0/20(G)--   --dict:86/200(L)--
Current allocation mode is local
Current file position is 1418
GNU Ghostscript 7.07: Unrecoverable error, exit code 1

Any ideas?

Chris