[sclug] Key signing (Huggie & TMDG)

Simon Huggins huggie at earth.li
Thu Apr 15 11:26:03 UTC 2004

'ello Chris

On Thu, Apr 15, 2004 at 09:41:42AM +0100, Chris Aitken wrote:
> I have only just signed Tom's key and uploaded it to wwwkeys.uk.pgp.net.

Likewise.

> The signature has appeared almost immediately when you check the key
> [1] & [2], although the key at [2] seems to have slightly more
> signatures.

It takes a little while to propagate around the keyserver network.

> I mention this, as I have just added another uid to my key, and I have
> uploaded it, but it does not appear yet. Any clues why?

I can see two uids on F91B7CBC now.

> And how does one keep track of his keyring, when he has a desktop at
> work & home, and a dual boot laptop!

Oh, I have a copy of my private keyring at home but my main trustdb and
public keyring is on the.earth.li the machine I do all my email on etc.
(which conveniently happens to be wwwkeys.uk.pgp.net ;))

Simon.

--
[ "I'm Beverly...", "I'm Geordi...", "We are Hugh..."                  ]
        Black Cat Networks.  http://www.blackcatnetworks.co.uk/