[sclug] Spring cleaning

David Hart lug at klutz.org.uk
Sat Apr 17 15:59:21 UTC 2004

On Fri, Apr 16, 2004 at 06:28:44PM +0100, Simon Huggins wrote:

> I think I'd rather watch paint dry than watch X compile and you
> certainly wouldn't want to do the building on the mini-itx box.  I
> haven't tried a kdrive X server but I'm told X needs about 2GB of disk
> to build.

X doesn't take particularly long to compile - less than 90 minutes on my
1.7G celeron laptop for example.

Disk space is _cheap_.  2G, even on a laptop, costs less than 3UKP.

I'm not sure exactly how much space X needs to compile but I know it's
less than 1G as I have a desktop machine with that amount of compile
space allocated.

--
David Hart
david at klutz.org.uk