[sclug] Question about HTML format e-mails

Darren Davison darren at davison.uk.net
Thu Dec 2 23:06:07 UTC 2004

On Thursday 02 December 2004 22:18, Tom Chance wrote:

> 2 - It wastes bandwidth, which can be a real pain in the arse if you
> download a lot of it on a slow connection.

I'm now using my mobile phone more and more to access my IMAP server and I
pay per byte downloaded.  It's not just only a pain in the arse, it's
bloody expensive and I'm one of those in the community who hold HTML mail
in complete contempt.  If someone needs me to see HTML, they can send me a
link to the web page.

Just as bad are those who don't trim quoted text and send 50KB of text that
adds "me too" at the end.  Grrrr.

--
Darren Davison
Public Key: #DD356B0D