[sclug] Question about HTML format e-mails

Alex Butcher lug at assursys.co.uk
Sat Dec 4 13:02:00 UTC 2004

On Fri, 3 Dec 2004, Neil Owens wrote:

> P.S. - I'm apologising now should I ever top post.  I've worked for my
> present company for 6 years and they *insist* on it.  They get cross (think
> badly formed HTML with a bitmap attachment) when you don't.

A preference for top-posting usually seems to come from people who've only
ever seen bottom-posting done badly. As a matter of etiquette, one should
always take the time to edit out irrelevant or superceded quoted material,
and intersperse one's own comments at appropriate places.

If they want audit trails for how decisions were made (e.g. for regulatory
reasons) they should probably be investing in proper email archiving
solutions anyway.

Best Regards,
Alex.
--
Alex Butcher      Brainbench MVP for Internet Security: www.brainbench.com
Bristol, UK                      Need reliable and secure network systems?