[sclug] Re: sclug Digest, Vol 15, Issue 4

Neil Haughton n.a.haughton at bigfoot.com
Sun Dec 5 17:47:47 UTC 2004

>...For instance Neil's post to this list which I read as text looked fine
>as just text/plain so sending it as HTML *and* text was, well, pointless ;)

Well, my email prog (Thunderbird) is set up as "if one or more
reciepients cannot receive HTML email:

...send both anyway"

as my choice, my reasoning being that the recipients can then make their
own choice, according to preference. I would regard it as a bit, well,
presumptious if I were to decide for my correspondents what form they
were to use.

I see also, on investigation, that I can set a preference in the address
book - so I have now done that for sclug. I hope nobody on this mailing
list prefers to receive HTML, because it's now off the menu! :-)

I am reminded of (I think) Eisenhower, who said "You can please all of
the people some of the time, you can please some of the people all the
time,  but you cannot please all of the people all of the time".

Regards,

Neil.