[sclug] Installing KMyMoney2-0.6.4

Alex Butcher lug at assursys.co.uk
Fri Dec 10 23:04:37 UTC 2004

On Fri, 10 Dec 2004, Major Stuart wrote:

> Apologies for not getting to the meeting on Wednesday.
>
> Trying to install the above which I got as a tar.bz2
> and having a few troubles.
> Have followed the read me I got with the download.
> This is what is happening as I go through the process:
>
> linux:/home/spookie # cd kmymoney2-0.6.4

It looks like there are pre-built kmymoney2-0.6.4 packages available for
SuSE:
<http://rpm.pbone.net/index.php3/stat/17/dept/4/idg/Productivity_Office_Finance>,
so you might well be best-off using those, if all you want to do is use the
application.

You should always stick to packages built for the distro and version you're
using though; don't go searching rpmfind.net or whatever then installing
Mandrake, RH, etc. binary packages.

[snip]

> /home/spookie/kmymoney2-0.6.4/admin/missing --run
> autoheader
> Can't locate object method "path" via package
> "Autom4te::Request" at /usr/bin/autom4te line 81,
> <GEN1> line 408.
> autoheader: /usr/bin/autom4te failed with exit status:
> 1
> WARNING: `autoheader' is missing on your system.  You
> should only need it if
>         you modified `acconfig.h' or `configure.in'.
> You might want
>         to install the `Autoconf' and `GNU m4'
> packages.  Grab them
>         from any GNU archive site.

Looks like your autotools are either too new, or too old for kmymoney2.
You'll either need to update them (and do it in such a way as you don't
break anything else), port kmymoney2 to your existing autotools (could be
tricky), or wait for a more-portable release of kmymoney2 (depending on the
author's philosophy, may not happen).

Most of the make install seemed to go OK though. Did you try running
'kmymoney2' from a command line?

> Thanks for any help, Stuart.

HTH,
Alex.
--
Alex Butcher      Brainbench MVP for Internet Security: www.brainbench.com
Bristol, UK                      Need reliable and secure network systems?