[sclug] setting boot parameter 'pci=noapci'

Major Stuart stuartmajor at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Dec 17 11:24:30 UTC 2004

Hi,

I am using SUSE 9.0 and (still!) trying to set up my
Linksys PCI WMP54g v2 wireless card.  I downloaded a
driver from Linuxant.  Although it recognises the
card, and in the initial boot the ACT. light comes on,
afterwards it switches off.  It has been suggested it
might be a problem relating to IRQ routing and that I
need to boot with kernel boot parameter 'pci=noapci'.
How do I do this and, as a newbie, how do undo this?

Thanks, Stuart.