[sclug] default menus in KDE address book

Andrew Sharp andrew.sharp3 at ntlworld.com
Thu Feb 5 19:14:45 UTC 2004

To you business gurus and KDE experts out there...

I am trying to find a decent business-orientated address book for business
contacts and follow-ups. The KDE address book is the best one I have seen,
but the default menus for telephone numbers and address type need customising
permanently by default to the business types, e.g. Work, work - fax and
mobile for the telephone numbers. They need to apply to each new record.

How can I change the defaults and save the new template or settings? I am
using KAdressbook 3.1 from SuSE personal edition 8.2.

Do I need to find the source file or is there a file I can edit?
Is there an easier way??
Is there a better alternative contact manager out there for business contacts
only?

Is there a recommended encryption and multiple shredding package out there
too?

Andrew