[sclug] Re: sclug Digest, Vol 5, Issue 8

Neil Haughton n.a.haughton at bigfoot.com
Sun Feb 8 20:33:14 UTC 2004

>Now the question is: Should I move everything to NTL or shall I use
>ADSL

As a long time user of ntl cable internet, I can endorse that
technically it is pretty reliable and fast, but if you subscribe just
hope and pray that there is no billing problem, because their Customer
Services are complete crap and couldn't unravel 6 inches of string, let
alone sort out a mistake by their accounts systems.  Their only skill
seems to be to agree that a mistake has been made and then pass you onto
someone else with the same skill. You can go on for months like this,
round and round and round. I managed 6 months. The when it all gets
sorted out you get a 6 month pause, and suddenly you find it wasn't
sorted out and their credit controllers are after you for the original
erroneous amount with interest added.  And so on. Is the service good
enough to be worth this potential hassle? I think not.

Well FWIW that's my two penn'th.

Regards,

Neil Haughton