[sclug] PDA's?

Mike Mallett mike.mallett at ntlworld.com
Sun Jan 4 17:50:02 UTC 2004

-----Original Message-----
From: sclug-bounces at sclug.org.uk [mailto:sclug-bounces at sclug.org.uk] On
Behalf Of Graham Balharrie
Sent: 04 January 2004 01:08
To: South East LUG
Subject: [sclug] PDA's?

?
>?Does anyone have any...
>X? ?info/opinions on them?
>x?? sites to purchase one?? second hand or new?
>X?? sites with downloadable software?

>I could only find a company that imports the new one when really all I want
is the >older 5500 which should be cheap now?

The SL-5500 has been discontinued for sometime - probably the best place to
get one is on Ebay  (www.ebay.co.uk)

The newer SL-5600 hasn't find its way to the UK and it seems Sharp UK have
lost interest in serious PDAs. It is available for around USD500 in the
States.

There are plenty of sites but you can start with www.myzaurus.com

BTW Zaurus is just a brand name for a whole range of PDAs many of which were
solely for the Japanese market.

If you find any good deals I'd like one as well !