[sclug] Broadband

Tony Sumner whittycat at ntlworld.com
Tue Jan 20 15:25:16 UTC 2004

On Tue, Jan 20, 2004 at 01:38:53PM +0000, Matt wrote:

> If they're blocking the IPs used by dial-up and non-static assigned
> ADSL/Broadband, etc. you can kind've see their point.

Yes I read AOL's article on why they do this and it makes good sense.
Trouble is that if you are a naif user and just take what Red Hat sets
up then direct mail is what you get. sendmail has a slot for entering
a smart relay host but I didn't know what to put in there. Mark suggests
smtp.ntlworld.com so I'll see how that goes.

Tony