[sclug] Webcams

Neil Haughton n.a.haughton at bigfoot.com
Tue Jan 20 18:58:26 UTC 2004

I was toying with the idea of a webcam in the garden - but was put off
by the apparent restriction of 5m from a USB device to the host PC.
Even if I network up a spare PC located in the garden shed, the ideal
position for a webcam (birds, badgers, foxes etc) is much more than 5m
away from it. Has anyone any experience with 'long-distance' remote
webcams (without spending a fortune on the latest NASA or ESA
technology) who would be willing to educate me?

Regards,

Neil Haughton