[sclug] Making sense of VNC's docs..

James Wyper jrwyper at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Jan 26 12:20:20 UTC 2004

It's not clear to me precisely what you are trying to achieve.  Do you
wish to run the VNC server on the linux machine and view the session
from Windows (or another linux machine), or do you wish to view a
Windows session on a Linux machine?

You comment about multimedia concerns me slightly as AFAIK VNC doesn't
relay audio, only changes to the screen.

Where have you looked for documentation?  I've found the stuff at
realvnc.com to be perfectly adequate for my needs (VNC server on Linux;
viewers on Windows and Linux scattered around the house)

I'm happy to share what little experience I have once I understand what
you are trying to do..

James.

--- Graham Balharrie <graham at hollymoon.co.uk> wrote: > I've been trying
to make sense of VNC's documentation recently, and I