[sclug] Routed IP/CIDR etc

Chris Aitken chris at ion-dreams.com
Thu Jul 15 16:47:04 UTC 2004

Hi All,

Myself & Simon were discussing this on the way to the bus stop last night.

I have a /29, which after the network (xx.xx.xx.88), broadcast (xx.xx.xx.95)
& router Ips, leaves me with 5 useable Ips.

My router, when operated in half bridge mode, will present the router IP
(xx.xx.xx.94) on both the ATM & the ethernet interfaces

My firewall box is xx.xx.xx.93, and SNATs for my LAN, and does DNAT
(hopefully soon) for the rest of the Ips (xx.xx.xx.89 - xx.xx.xx.92).

Simon has a single static IP, and his setup is slightly different (maybe you
can remind me!).

How would you go about setting up a firewall/router box to do the same, but
with a single IP?

Cheers

Chris

believed to be clean.