FW: [sclug] TCP/IP I think

Simon Huggins huggie at earth.li
Mon Jul 26 21:42:07 UTC 2004

On Mon, Jul 26, 2004 at 09:52:41PM +0100, Alex Butcher wrote:
> On Mon, 26 Jul 2004, tim wrote:
> > Pinging the other end of the P-t-P connection gives me responses
> > varying from 139ms to 159ms.
> > Pinging the 193 address gives me Destination Host Unreachable.
> OK, so it's almost certainly just DNS that's the problem. What distro
> are you using?

Not really.  Whilst DNS isn't working, it looks like pings to the
outside world are blocked in any case.

172.18.30.whatever it was is part of the private non-routable IP space
172.16/12 too so there may be some magical gateway/proxy gubbins
somewhere.

--
Simon Huggins  \ "And what have they ever given us in return?"   "The
                \ aqueduct?"