[sclug] Hi everybody, new member

Sandeep Varma darker.trooper at gmail.com
Tue Jul 27 16:25:50 UTC 2004

Hi all. I'm a new member to this mailing list, and a very new person
to Linux, and I'm just getting used to it and the freedom it
represents and gives. I live in Slough, and I am 14.

I've messed around with partitioning, and have reduced Windows to a
minimal role at home. I've also tried and tested a few different
distributions, including Fedora Core 2, Slackware 10, Knoppix 3.4,
Damn Small Linux 0.7.1(Us 56k people have limited options) and Slax
Live 4.1.2 , before having settled on SUSE 9.1 which has been to my
liking for a while now.

I've had a pretty extensive history with Windows, plenty of Format +
Reinstalls, from 95 all the way to XP (Having noted no real difference
in between) and I've finally had enough! I'm still learning plenty
(Which is rare at 14 for the people I know) and just getting used to
the (lack of) limits in Linux, and hope to learn plenty more.

---

Sandeep Varma, Slough UK