[sclug] PCMCIA *and* CardBus, at the same time?

David Given dg at cowlark.com
Mon Mar 8 17:02:39 UTC 2004

On Monday 08 March 2004 3:55 pm, Chris Aitken wrote:
[...]
> IIRC the tecras (I have a 740 CDT) have a bios thingy to choose
> PCMCIA/Cardbus, or just cardbus. In addition, seeing as these 2 relate to
> laptop versions of ISA (PCMCIA, 16 bit)) & PCI (Cardbus, 32 bit), do you
> have ISA enabled in the new kernel? It sounds to me like you don't.

Yup --- checked that (several times!). Here's the relevant section:

# Bus options (PCI, PCMCIA, EISA, MCA, ISA)
#
CONFIG_PCI=y
# CONFIG_PCI_GOBIOS is not set
# CONFIG_PCI_GODIRECT is not set
CONFIG_PCI_GOANY=y
CONFIG_PCI_BIOS=y
CONFIG_PCI_DIRECT=y
# CONFIG_PCI_LEGACY_PROC is not set
CONFIG_PCI_NAMES=y
CONFIG_ISA=y
# CONFIG_EISA is not set
# CONFIG_MCA is not set
# CONFIG_SCx200 is not set
CONFIG_HOTPLUG=y

#
# PCMCIA/CardBus support
#
CONFIG_PCMCIA=y
CONFIG_YENTA=y
CONFIG_CARDBUS=y
# CONFIG_I82092 is not set
# CONFIG_I82365 is not set
# CONFIG_TCIC is not set
CONFIG_PCMCIA_PROBE=y

I know about the BIOS thingy; on my machine it toggles between PCIC (PCMCIA
only) and Cardbus/PCMCIA, which is what it's currently set to.

I did have a thought that maybe I need i82365 support *as well* as Yenta
support, but I've just tried that and it doesn't work.

--
+- David Given --McQ-+ "...thus there might be a great reduction in
+- www.cowlark.com --+ --- UK pat. GB1426698