[sclug] [OT] avoiding Rich Text replies in MS Outlook

Simon Heywood simon at triv.org.uk
Thu May 13 14:13:57 UTC 2004

Users of Microsoft Outlook (like me when I'm at work) will probably be
aware of its penchant for Rich Text. In particular, when replying to a
message sent to you in Rich Text format, you are forced to compose your
message in Rich Text format, with no option to use plain text. This has
implications for interoperability, for instance if you want to Cc the
reply to someone outside the local MS Exchange zone, as well as general
annoyance.

I mentioned this to Damion last night and he said there was a registry
hack which solved this problem. Any chance of posting it here? It's
probably worth pointing out that the version in question is Outlook 98.

S.