[sclug] Wireless Broadband in Slough and Windsor areas

Chris Aitken chris at ion-dreams.com
Fri May 21 08:31:09 UTC 2004

> A new wireless broadband service is starting in the
> Slough/Windsor area provided by www.netvigator.co.uk/ Has
> anybody any experience of this system on Linux? This is my
> correspondence with netvigator. It seems like it needs
> special software to make it work.
>
> John

V Interesting - when I looked at their site, it suggested that you could use
either the USB or Ethernet connection on their modems [1], and they suggest
you use Ethernet is you use a PC that isnt Win (i.e. Mac & Playstation are
specifically mentioned).

You will need a PPPoE daemon/app though.

[1] http://www.netvigator.co.uk/service/vas.htm

HTH

Chris

believed to be clean.