[sclug] Wireless Broadband in Slough and Windsor areas

Will Dickson wrd at glaurung.demon.co.uk
Sat May 22 23:32:20 UTC 2004

John Mullins wrote:
> A new wireless broadband service is starting in the Slough/Windsor area
> provided by www.netvigator.co.uk/
> Has anybody any experience of this system on Linux? This is my
> correspondence with netvigator. It seems like it needs special software
> to make it work.

Not entirely to the point, but I've just found a phishing
spam in my junk filter, which was originally spewed via
their network. (Given the amusingly broken english in the
phish I'd assume that the netvigator luser has been
hijacked, rather than that they're the original
perpetrator.) Granted this isn't a pattern as yet, but
nevertheless it might be worth looking into; using a
clueless or cluelessness-tolerant ISP is liable to cause you
grief further down the line.

- Will.