[sclug] Pci / USB card for Suse 9.1

Alex Butcher lug at assursys.co.uk
Mon May 24 13:55:49 UTC 2004

On Mon, 24 May 2004, Tim Sutton wrote:

> I just bought a new pc and want to connect it to my wireless network. I bought
> a belkin pci card for it, but it turned out to be unsupported so I returned
> it. Can anyone recommend a reasonably priced usb (=preferred) or pci wireless
> network card (I only need a 'b' card because the rest of my network is on b
> not g anyway). First prize would be somewhere in Reading where I can just go
> an pick one up after work :-P

The received wisdom seems to be that USB wi-fi cards are generally a bit
dodgy, and that PCI cards are too close in price to dedicated APs to be
economic.

Best Regards,
Alex.
--
Alex Butcher      Brainbench MVP for Internet Security: www.brainbench.com
Bristol, UK                      Need reliable and secure network systems?