[sclug] how to get into administrator mode on kde control center under kubuntu?

Tim Sutton tim at linfiniti.com
Tue Aug 9 05:49:31 UTC 2005

You should just be entering your normal password there I think. There are
known issues around this that will be resolvd in next release. You can always
set a root password by:

sudo su -
passwd

Regards

Tim

From: http://distrowatch.com/weekly.php?issue=20050801#interview

"DW: I noted on several forums that some users have been complaining about the
quality of KDE packages in Kubuntu. They say that these packages are buggy
and that Kubuntu is not as stable as Ubuntu. What can you say about this?
Have you received any similar complaints?

JR: We did have some problems with overlapping files which took longer than it
should have to get fixed due to the C++ transition blocking new packages in
the archives. Other significant problems have included a beastie in KControl
stopping you from using administrator rights, this is a general problem with
KDE but seems to occur more frequently because of our sudo changes; Kopete
was also caught out by a change in MSN's protocol which Gaim was fortunate
enough to not be affected by. These are the sort of issues which happen to
all distributions, but I am aiming for 100% bug free in Kubuntu Breezy :)"

--
"The mind once expanded to the dimensions of larger ideas never returns to its
original dimensions."