[sclug] Kismet on Ubuntu

Jonathan Leighton lists at turnipspatch.com
Tue Aug 9 21:57:32 UTC 2005

Hamlesh Motah wrote:

>Oh, is there an
>easy way to get firefox functioning on the linux laptop exactly as it does
>on the windows desktop?  Extensions and preferences and so forth?

Well your preferences are held in the files prefs.js and user.js in your
profile directory. So you can copy those over. user.js is the one you'd
edit if you were to change something though, or better would be to user
about:config. I don't think it would be easy to copy extensions over,
but I can't remember off-hand. What I currently do though is have a
"shared" FAT32 partition that both Windows and Linux can see. I have my
bookmarks file and mail (and sigs) on that partition, and have
configured Firefox and Thunderbird to read from there rather than the
default location (although I'm thinking of trying IMAP actually).
Anyway, that has worked quite well for me -- but you have to change a
setting in about:config (just do a search for "bookmarks" or something).

Jon

--
Jonathan Leighton aka. Turnip
http://turnipspatch.com/ | http://digital-proof.org/