[sclug] Press Release: OPEN SOURCE CREATIVITY IN BRISTOL, UK - 20TH AUGUST

Simon Heywood simon at triv.org.uk
Mon Aug 22 12:33:23 UTC 2005

On Mon, 22 Aug 2005 12:19:16 +0100, Simon Huggins wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 28, 2005 at 11:24:20AM +0100, Simon Heywood wrote:
> > Anyone fancy a trip to Bristol next month?
>
> Was it good then?

It wasn't perfect, but it was worth the trip to listen to some of the
speakers. John Fitch gave an entertaining talk about Csound, James
Wallbank told us about his Access Space project (and why it was more
successful than some recent Government efforts), and Tom Chance did his
remix culture speech. The highlight for me was Richard Bown's
demonstration of Rosegarden, which gave me renewed motivation to try
using it again, and persevere with the associated Linux sound
configuration.

I wasn't at the Trinity Arts Centre for the whole day, so I didn't see
everything. More information is (currently) here:

http://www.fave.org.uk/mambo/index.php

S.