[sclug] Uploading a website to host

Tom Dawes-Gamble tmdg at weardale.cl
Mon Aug 29 20:31:15 UTC 2005

On Mon, 2005-08-29 at 20:47 +0100, Stuart Major wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have created a website using phpwebsite and have a host set up.  Can
> anyone tell me how to upload the site to the host server?

The answer to that question is always "yes".

Personally I have no experience of phpwebsite.  But if it's going to
work it to produce a bunch of file that will make a website so all you
have to do is copy them to the host.

On the host I use you just need to do

$ scp -r phpwebsite_output_directory hostFQDN:/www/hosts/hostFQDN/docs

But thats not likely to work for your host.

Hope that helps, thou I doubt it.

Sorry,
t.
Those that understand Binary and those that don't.