[sclug] No external net connection

Simon Huggins huggie at earth.li
Tue Dec 13 00:17:15 UTC 2005

On Mon, Dec 12, 2005 at 10:43:49PM +0000, Derek M Jones wrote:
> I have just upgraded a machine to Suse 10.0 (from
> 9.3) and lost my internet connection :-(

You go on to explain some bits and bobs but don't say what Internet
connection you have or how you usually use it.  Is it a ppp connection
directly on the machine?  Is it via some sort of router (ADSL
router/cable modem)?  Do you DHCP an address from the router normally?
Can you reach the router's IP?  And more...

--
----------(  "I think we're just out of Waldorfs" - Basil,   )----------
Simon ----(                  Fawlty Towers                   )---- Nomis