[sclug] How to start a LUG?

James Fidell james at cloud9.co.uk
Thu Feb 10 14:03:38 UTC 2005

Quoting Simon Heywood (simon at triv.org.uk):
> On Thu, 10 Feb 2005 at 12:59:46 +0000, James Fidell wrote:
> > SCLUG will be ten years old this year.
>
> When's that going to be, then? Perhaps it's an excuse to actually
> organize a proper event for a change. ;-)

August or September AFAIR. I requested sclug.org.uk from the Naming
Committee (this was pre-Nominet) and it was set up on 24/10/1995, but
there were a handful of messages in the mailing list archive before
that.

Nick or Jonathon Chin may be able to give a more definitive answer
should you require one, though I don't know if either is still on
the list.  Shouldn't be surprised if Nick isn't as (like me) he now
lives some distance away from Reading.

James