[sclug] RE: Hands on days

Malcolm Napier 14cc malcolm.napier at 14cc.com
Tue Feb 15 17:59:29 UTC 2005

> Initially we have a room that can hold 20 - 25 people and access to
> some equipment like projectors, TVs and probably one PC allowing
> Internet Access. Connecting to the company LAN will not be allowed, but
> I have access to all facilities to create our own LAN, and probably a
> server.

Could 3G (Orange PCMCIA datcard in a laptop) or Netvigator provide
acceptable access? If so, my company might be prepared to contribute since
we have access to subscriptions of both for evaluation purposes.

The problem is that I have no idea how to set either up with Linux - so we
would need someone who could.

That way we would be network independent of Alan's employer.

Regards,
Malcolm