[sclug] IMAP server

Neil Haughton n.a.haughton at bigfoot.com
Thu Jul 7 18:58:20 UTC 2005

>I /think/ you want a local IMAP server then.
>
>Get something to grab the mail from your ISP to your machine and put it
>in your IMAP server's mailstore (which will probably be a pile of
>Maildir folders) and then point all of your mail clients at the local
>IMAP server.

Reading up on all that, it seems that I will also have to set my MUA of
the moment to leave mail on the IMAP server (so that when I change MUA
it will all still be there). Is this correct?

That only leaves the problem of what to do with my current email store
(a set of Thunderbird folders). Is the format the same? ie, can I just
copy my surrent email folder by folder to the IMAP store?

It's looking interesting....

Neil.