[sclug] Netgear WG511 not playing ball

Alan Hawes alan at haweshouse.co.uk
Sat Oct 29 22:44:44 UTC 2005

Hi

I've recently installed Suse 10 on a dell latitude c600 & all is fine
except for the wireless card.

I've used ndiswrapper, which works well. It detects the card, brings it
up but when it tries to obtain an ip address from my router ( a Netgear
DG834G ) it fails reporting that 'no IPv6 routers present'

I know that the card can see the access point as iwconfig reports
everything correctly. Also, if I assign the card an ip address and set a
default route then I get a network unreachable message when I try to
ping any other machine.

I don't know whether the failure message is a warning or is the actual
problem. If it is the problem then how do I force IPv4 above 6? If this
is not the problem, has anyone had a similar problem with their wifi
cards?

I have googled myself to distraction trying to resolve this but cannot
find solution.

Many thanks for your help

Alan