[sclug] php problems

Stuart Major stuartmajor at phonecoop.coop
Fri Sep 2 22:55:07 UTC 2005

Keith Edmunds wrote:

 > Stuart Major wrote:
 >
 >> Am I correct in thinking php is a scripting language, that I need to
somehow get to run?

 > Yes. I don't know which Linux distribution you are using, but you
need to install a "php4" or "mod_php" package (the names vary from one
distro to the next).

Thanks Keith,

Running Suse 9.0 on my box and uploading to a site that has php
programming and MySQL but not MySQL web interface.

http://www.greenwebhost.net/hostingfeatures.htm

Do I need this or do I need to upload phpMyAdmin?

Apologies for more question, but I am really in the dark.

 > Then you need to tell Apache that files ending in ".php" should be
interpreted as PHP files.

How do I tell Apache about the .php files, I have a index.php file that
I presume initiates the site in some way?

Thanks again, Stuart.