[sclug] CDRWIN .bin/cue format files

Alex Butcher lug at assursys.co.uk
Thu Sep 8 00:31:08 UTC 2005

On Thu, 8 Sep 2005, John Stumbles wrote:

> David Kerrawn wrote:
>> Try: mount xx.fooobar.kvcd.bin mnt -t iso9660 -o loop
>> As DVDs & CDs are often in iso9660 format.
>
> Alex Butcher wrote:
>> Not surprising - CDs use the ISO9660 filesystem, DVDs use ISO9660 or UDF,
>> not vfat.
>
> Nope :-(
>
> mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/loop0,
>      missing codepage or other error
>
> $ dmesg | tail
> FAT: bogus number of FAT structure
> VFS: Can't find a valid FAT filesystem on dev loop0.

Looks like you're still trying to mount as FAT to me. Besides, the .bin
files probably aren't raw CD images, so you won't be able to mount them
anyway. All I was saying was that trying to use FAT is *guaranteed* to fail.

> (Pointing mplayer at the cd or .dat file just resulted in a lot of XMMS:
> found plugin ... messages.)

Try something like

mplayer vcd://0

Best Regards,
Alex.
--
Alex Butcher      Brainbench MVP for Internet Security: www.brainbench.com
Bristol, UK                      Need reliable and secure network systems?