[sclug] CDRWIN .bin/cue format files

Damion Yates damiony at is.bbc.co.uk
Thu Sep 8 11:06:39 UTC 2005

On Thu, 8 Sep 2005, John Stumbles wrote:

> Alex Butcher wrote:
> > Looks like you're still trying to mount as FAT to me. Besides, the
> > .bin files probably aren't raw CD images, so you won't be able to
> > mount them anyway. All I was saying was that trying to use FAT is
> > *guaranteed* to fail.
>
> fairy nuff :-)
>
> I still think it'd be neat to go from one CD image format (in this
> case .bin/.cue) to another without writing to a physical disc in
> between!

http://he.fi/bchunk/

For what it's worth, I've used this on a *cough* copy of software that
was stored in vcd/audio style for some odd reason (the block size as
mentioned in a different post was larger than the default for a data
cd).  It wasn't to squash data on, seeing as it was only 600M, I guess
perhaps just to offer some vague protection.

After running bchunk, I had a larger file and iirc could mount it as
iso9660 to copy data out of.  But It didn't work as a bootable install
when I tried writing it.  I then saw I could just use cdrdao to use
the cue file to write this to a cdr in the format it wanted which
worked.

Thanks,

Damion

--