[sclug] [OT] Banking site *Requires* use of Internet Exploiter

Ian Park ian at chalmers-park.name
Thu Sep 8 09:25:09 UTC 2005

I felt I had to get this one off my chest...

This morning, I decided to give the Egg Money Manager a try (they're
offering a ?10 incentive to anyone who signs up to it...) - I already
have an Egg credit card and an Egg savings account. So far, I've had no
problem using Firefox to access the Egg web site, so you can imagine my
gobsmackedness (and annoyance) when I read:

"Download Internet Explorer

To install Egg Money Manager on this PC, you need a PC with Internet
Explorer 5.0 or above. This is because the software we give you to run
Egg Money Manager is 'browser based'. It should only take a few minutes
to download Internet Explorer, just select 'download' below."

I have sent a very snotty secure message to Egg...

Ian
--
Ian Park
17 Pyle Hill