[sclug] Odd TOCs on CDs

Chris Aitken chris at ion-dreams.com
Fri Sep 9 08:45:32 UTC 2005

> Simon Huggins wrote:
> > Speaking of CDs, what software will ignore dodgy TOCs and rip the
> > audio tracks anyway?
> >
> > All I want is my music that I bought, on my music player *sigh*.
> > Bloody DRM.
>
> Hey, don't knock it: it's a valuable weapon in the war
> between the legitimate owners of the material and those who
> would help themselves to it without paying for it.

Don't get me started.
I bought my first track off iTunes yesterday (to see what it was about). I
had to burn it to audio CD, then reimport it from the audio CD as MP3, to be
able to use it on my Palm Tungsten. I do understand why things are like
this, but when I cannot play music I have legitimately bought, I pisses me
off.

Another gripe. Having burnt MP3 music CDs, to play on my DVD player at a
party, I find my DVD player will only play CDs randomly, and not MP3s. So
wasted CDs (ah well), and wil be plugging laptop into hifi.

Chris

believed to be clean.