[sclug] Mobile phones, piccies and PC's

Matt matt at bodgit-n-scarper.com
Mon Sep 12 20:37:16 UTC 2005

* Neil Haughton <n.a.haughton at bigfoot.com> [2005-09-12 20:32:30]:

> I haven't a clue.
>
> Can anyone give me a dummies' guide, in an O/S-agnostic way, on what the
> basic building blocks are for this? I assume it starts with connecting
> phone to PC via the USB port, but after that I have no idea. He's using
> Win98, by the way, which isn't a good start I know, but there it is.

Does the phone have Bluetooth?

Provided you can find someone who still supports W98, you can pick up
tiny USB Bluetooth dongles that aren't much bigger than the connector
for ~ 20 UKP, D-Link springs to mind as I have a few of them.

Pair the phone with the desktop computer and then you can just beam them
over. You can also send stuff the other way too.

Works under Linux.

Matt
--
"I know it's your T1 because our network guy teleported into the Baywatch
hub and checked it!"