[sclug] BBC climate model

Graham lists at Information-Cascade.co.uk
Mon Feb 20 22:47:15 UTC 2006

On Mon, 20 Feb 2006 22:19:52 +0000
Dickon Hood <sclug at splurge.fluff.org> wrote:
> Worked for me.  I installed it yesterday on the offchance, but it's going
> to take a year or so to run on my box...

oohhh, CDPATH was badly set, unset and it worked ....

I ran run_client ; then later I ran run_manager
There were a few network problem reports, so I tried again.
Then I filled in a form, then the GTK screen showed more errors.
I tried Help, but $BROWSER wasnt set, so I'll set theat next time.
Then the GTK screen showed "requesting 8640 seconds of new work"
followed by lots of other activity (cut+paste is not an option)

Now I've started dowload of SULPC_OXIDANTS_19_A2_1990.mod.gz
(first time for sulphates), so thats good, though eth0 seems a bit idle
(behind a NAT ADSL router). Throughput 19560 bytes/sec, so its a
bit stressed, but I presume BOINC restarts ? So it will all be OK in the end?

My questions now are

(1) what should I start at boot up ?
(2) how can I move this into a chroot zone? with/without gui?

Graham