[sclug] Seagate ST3300831A-RK Barracuda 300GB 7200RPM disk

Alex Butcher lug at assursys.co.uk
Sat Mar 4 22:34:23 UTC 2006

<http://svp.co.uk/products-list.php?bid=0&cid=127>

> Also, any suggestions as to decent Firewire caddies? I'm currently using
> Firewire and would like to stick with it if possible, mainly because it's
> daisy-chainable.

Something with an Oxford Semiconductor chipset in it. Unfortunately, these
tend to be significantly more expensive than lose (like the ones that SVP
sell) that use the problematic Prolific ATA->USB/1394 bridge chipset.

Best Regards,
Alex.
--
Alex Butcher      Brainbench MVP for Internet Security: www.brainbench.com
Bristol, UK                      Need reliable and secure network systems?