[sclug] Recommendations? OpenSource download manager type website....

ed ed at s5h.net
Sun Mar 19 11:46:03 UTC 2006

On Sun, 19 Mar 2006 10:52:47 -0000
"Hamlesh Motah" <admin at hamlesh.com> wrote:

> What I am looking for is a content management system geared
> specifically towards managing media files (mainly mp3s).  Something
> like OWL but only more "luser friendly" (a nice graphical download
> interface would do the trick).
>
> Initially things will fire out over FTP, but I'd like to torrent
> everything, my thinking is that I cant introduce too much technology
> to them in one go, so :)

I personally would put it all in wiki pages :) it's possible to put in
links to the bittorrent files from there. There's lots of content
management systems out there, a good place to look for them is
freshmeat.net

http://freshmeat.net/search/?q=content+management+system&section=
projects&Go.x=0&Go.y=0

(Sorry, link spans multiple lines).

--
Regards, Ed                      :: http://www.s5h.net
:%s/\t/  /g                      :: proud unix system person