[sclug] Re: Welcome to the "sclug" mailing list

Simon Huggins huggie at earth.li
Tue Sep 19 11:09:05 UTC 2006

Salut Matt!

On Sat, Sep 16, 2006 at 06:50:11AM -0400, Matt Lee wrote:
> In my efforts to become more active in local advocacy for free
> software in the UK, I've joined this list despite living nowhere near
> Reading. I seem to spend more and more time in Reading lately, what
> with Remix Reading and OpenStreetMap stuff going on there.

Cool.

> I'm Matt, I'm the chief webmaster for the GNU project, and I want to
> find out more about how the GNU project website can better reflect the
> needs of users of the GNU/Linux Operating System and free software
> developers.

I don't know.  Do people use it once they are established users?

I guess I have a need for it to be a decent place for me to point new
users at when they go "But what *is* Free Software?" but that's probably
it for me.

> I hope to make it to at least one meeting this year, and I will be at
> the expo in October. In the meantime, I'll be lurking on the list.

You might want to fix the links from the body of http://mattl.co.uk/
(which appears to also be you) given the ones on that page link to
blah.html instead of blah/ so I guess either your webserver isn't doing
what you think it should be or the links are wrong.

Simon.

PS don't return the favour and google me; I don't think some of my pages
   have been updated in years :)

--
[ "Haven't you ever seen a dragon being arrested before?" - Capt Vimes ]